Dr. Ness practices at our Gastonia location.
Cosmetic Patient Coordinator
Gastonia, NC 28054 (directions)
The original member of the practice, Dr Ness opened a small Plastic Surgery practice in August, 1994. He initiated an expansion process that began in 2000, ultimately adding multiple physicians and opening offices encompassing a large segment of North Carolina. The result is one of the larger Plastic Surgery/Dermatology practices in the southeastern United States performing a comprehensive range of services.
Dr Ness has two primary areas of clinical interest; aesthetic surgery and skin cancer reconstruction. He has performed over 3000 cosmetic breast procedures. He and his cosmetic surgery team are located in the Gastonia office, which features a AAAASF accredited operating facility. Patient safety is a particular priority and Dr Ness has served as an inspector of ambulatory surgical centers for AAAASF. He has served on an elite national breast implant advisory board and has also served as an international consultant for an implant company.
He has also performed thousands of skin cancer reconstructions, with particular focus on nose and ear reconstruction. He works closely on a daily basis with the Gastonia Mohs provider, Dr William Fangman, to ensure optimal patient care and convenience, as well as superior outcomes.
Dr Ness has been recognized as the best Plastic Surgeon in Gaston County as well as one of the best Plastic Surgeons in the Charlotte region. He feels very fortunate to be part of an incredible team of physicians and employees.
Board Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
- 1983-1987 | M.D., St. Louis University Medical School
- 1979-1982 | B.S., Arizona State University
- 1992-1994 | Plastic Surgery Fellowship, George Washington University Medical Center
- 1988-1992 | General Surgery Residency, Medical College of Wisconsin
- 1987-1989 | General Surgery Internship, Medical College of Wisconsin
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- North Carolina
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Gaston County Medical Society
- Mecklenburg Medical Society
- Gaston Memorial Hospital
- Presbyterian Hospital, Matthews