Dr. Dori Hunt is board-certified by the American Board of Dermatology. She graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Nebraska at Kearney in 1993 with a Bachelors of Science degree in Chemistry. Dr. Hunt went on to attend the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha from 1993 to 1997. In May 1997, she graduated first in her medical school class. Dr. Hunt then pursued a dermatology residency at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In her final year of residency, she acted as Dermatology Chief Resident. Upon completion of residency in July 2001, Dr. Hunt pursued a career in private practice.
In May 2003, Dr. Hunt joined Piedmont Plastic Surgery & Dermatology (PPSD). She became the group’s fourth partner. If asked, Dr. Hunt will gladly share that joining PPSD was the best professional decision of her life. She was given the opportunity to expand PPSD’s presence into Hickory, North Carolina. Now, eight years later, Dr. Hunt works full time and enjoys providing general and cosmetic dermatology care to thousands of patients
Dr. Hunt has special interests in treating acne, photodamage, and natural skin aging. She is formally trained in providing appropriate skin care regimens, BotoxX®, RestylaneX®, JuvedermX®, RadiesseX®, SculptraX®, Laser, and Sclerotherapy. Dr. Hunt takes great pride in helping her patients achieve a natural, healthy, and beautiful appearance. She views each patient as unique and deserving of a custom-tailored dermatology treatment plan.
Outside of work, Dr. Hunt is an avid triathlete. On any given weekend, you are likely to find Dr. Hunt swimming laps at the Catawba Valley Fitness Plus pool, cycling along the Blue Ridge Parkway, or running around the Lenoir Rhyne track.
American Board of Dermatology
- 1993-1997 | M.D., University of Nebraska Medical Center
- 1989-1993 | B.S., University of Nebraska at Kearney
- 2000-2001 | Chief Resident, University of North Carolina Hospital at Chapel Hill
- 1998-2001 | Dermatology Residency, University of North Carolina Hospital at Chapel Hill
- 1997-1998 | Internal Medicine Internship, University of North Carolina Hospital at Chapel Hill
- American Board of Dermatology
- North Carolina
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- North Carolina Medical Association
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Catawba Valley Medical Center
- Frye Regional Medical Center