Dr. Gregory Mantooth, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a board certified plastic surgeon. Joining the practice in 2001, he is one of the founding partners of Piedmont Plastic Surgery and Dermatology. Dr. Mantooth is originally from Tennessee, completing his undergraduate studies at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga where he graduated with honors and obtained a minor in Studio Art. He earned both his medical degree and completed a full general surgery residency at the University of Tennessee at Memphis. He then finished a plastic surgery residency at Indiana University before going on to an Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship at the prestigious Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital, which is affiliated with New York University.
Dr. Mantooth has been voted one of Charlotte’s “Top Docs” in a survey by Charlotte Magazine, asking physicians in the community who they would trust to treat members of their own families.
With his aesthetic surgery experience, Dr. Mantooth strives to bring art and creativity to the science of medicine for both his cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery patients. He has years of experience with breast surgery, body contouring including liposuction and abdominoplasty, as well as facial and eyelid surgery. Dr. Mantooth works closely with our practice dermatologists to assist with comprehensive reconstructive surgery following skin cancer excision.
Dr. Mantooth is dedicated to achieving excellence in his work and enjoys building a bond of trust and open communication with his patients to help them realize their plastic surgery goals. Dr. Mantooth is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
American Board of Plastic Surgery
- 1989-1993 | M.D., University of Tennessee at Memphis
- 1985-1989 | B.A., University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- 2000-2001 | Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship, Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, New York University Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- 1998-2000 | Plastic Surgery Residency, Indiana University
- 1993-1998 | General Surgery Residency, University of Tennessee at Memphis
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- North Carolina
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Mecklenburg Medical Society
- Presbyterian Hospital, Matthews