Dr. Miguel A. Yáñez joined Piedmont Plastic Surgery & Dermatology in 2008 and became a partner in 2009. He completed a plastic surgery residency at Tulane University in New Orleans and premedical and medical education at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. and the University of Puerto Rico respectively. Before he moved to North Carolina, he spent 15 years in private practice and was an assistant clinical professor at the University of Puerto Rico in both the School of Medicine and the School of Dentistry. There he co-directed the Center for Craniofacial Disorders.
Dr. Yáñez was repeatedly voted one of the best plastic surgeons in Puerto Rico for 10 years. This was from a survey of over 2000 physicians asked to submit names of specialists to whom they would take a family member. He obtained his last “Buena Vida Doctor’s Choice” award in June 2008 when he was already practicing in North Carolina.
Dr. Yáñez has over 20 years of experience in breast surgery, liposuction, tummy tucks, and facial surgery. He is also experienced in reconstructive plastic surgery of the face after skin cancer removal. He has vast experience in cleft lip and palate surgery, as well as pediatric plastic surgery. He began his work with fat transfer over 15 years ago when he started performing the procedure in the lips of cleft palate patients.
Dr. Yáñez is passionate about his work, dedicated to his patients, and believes one must be outstanding in reconstructive surgery in order to achieve excellence in cosmetic surgery.
He is fluent in English, Spanish, Italian, and French.
American Board of Plastic Surgery
- 1982-1986 | M.D. University of Puerto Rico
- 1978-1982 | B.S. Georgetown University
- 1991-1993 | Plastic Surgery Residency, Tulane University
- 1986-1991 | General Surgery Residency, University of Puerto Rico
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- North Carolina
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Novant Health Matthews Medical Center
- Carolinas Medical Center-Pineville
- English, Spanish, Italian, French