Job Description: Bilingual Medical Assistant / New Hope Office
Reports to: Nursing Supervisor / The Physician has total responsibility/accountability for the role of the medical assistant including training, validation of competencies, delegation, supervision and evaluation.
Schedules / performs procedures under the supervision of Physician and Nursing Supervisor. Assists physician in examinations and procedures. Instructs patients of their continued care. Responsible for maintaining clean, well equipped exam and or procedure rooms.
- Escort patients from waiting room to the exam / surgical room in a timely and courteous manner.
- Assist Physician with various procedures and examinations in a plastic surgery office / surgical environment.
- Coordinate with clinical manager the ordering of medical supplies and maintains adequate inventory.
- Sterilizes and stocks all instruments according to accepted office guidelines and AAAASF regulations.
- Cleans / mops operating rooms after each procedure as assigned.
- Telephones in prescriptions as directed by Physicians.
- Provides telephone calls to patients regarding test results. Provides follow-up information to patients as directed by Physician. Documents all conversations and prescriptions called in on a daily basis.
- Updates patient charts with current medical information.
- Ensures patient exam rooms are fully stocked, organized and clean at all times.
- Organizes patient flow through the assigned area.
- Collects patient history, problems, exam preparation, specimens and lab work.
- Completes patient forms as necessary.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Obtains pertinent benefits / insurance authorizations prior to Physician performing surgical procedures on patient for those procedures performed at Gaston Memorial Hospital or Gaston Ambulatory Surgery.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA and HIPAA regulations.
Performs other tasks as deemed necessary by Physician, Nursing Supervisor and/or Practice Administrator.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Certification or license as a Medical Assistant, Nurse Aide or Surgical Technician.