Front Desk Greeter: Gastonia & Hickory Offices
Greet and check in/out patients, collect co-pays & balances, schedule appointments, answer phones, has strong customer service skills and can deal with difficult patients with a smile, etc.
- High School Diploma
- Customer Service Experience
- Medical Office Experience
This full time position requires someone who can lift 25 lbs or more and can have the flexibility to arrive at 7:30AM to open and/or be the closer in the evenings after the last patient leaves.
Department & Location: Clinic/New Hope Rd. Gastonia
Reports to: Nursing Supervisor / The Physician has total responsibility /accountability for the role of surgical technician including training, validation of competencies, delegation, supervision and the evaluation.
Assists in operations, under the supervision of surgeons, registered nurses, or other surgical personnel. May help set up operating room, prepare and transport patients for surgery, adjust lights and equipment, pass instruments and other supplies to surgeons and surgeon’s assistants, hold retractors, cut sutures, and help count sponges, needles, supplies, and instruments.
- Responsible for performing second assist functions for surgical intervention, preparing supplies and equipment
- Prepare specimens for lab and requesting exams as required
- Transport patients to and from surgery suite and individual rooms
- Performs in-room surgical scrub duties
- Maintain sterilizing equipment, assisting with O/R set-up, etc.
- Provide tray set-ups and designated extra instruments for all surgical procedures
- Prepare, wrap and sterilize instruments, supplies and equipment as appropriate
- Effectively work with surgeon and clinical staff during procedures
- Prepare operating area safely and in an organized manner
- Assist RN with instrument counts
- Ensure compliance with AAAASF regulations in surgical suite
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and HIPAA regulations
- Assists in preparation of surgical procedures by anticipating needs of physician and patient
- Demonstrates working knowledge of care and handling specimens, surgical instruments, supplies and equipment
- Selects the appropriate supplies and equipment in a cost effective manner
Performs other tasks as deemed necessary by Physician, Nursing Supervisor and /or Practice Administrator.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Certified from a Surgical Technician program.
CMA or MA
Location: Positions Open – Charlotte – Gastonia – Hickory & Shelby
- Escort patients from waiting room to the exam / surgical room in a timely and courteous manner.
- Assist Physician with various procedures and examinations in a surgical environment. Telephones in prescriptions as directed by Physicians.
- Provides telephone calls to patients regarding test results. Provides follow-up information to patients as directed by Physician. Documents all conversations and prescriptions called in on a daily basis.
- Updates patient charts with current medical information.
- Ensures patient exam rooms are fully stocked, organized and clean at all times.
- Organizes patient flow through the assigned area.
- Collects patient history, problems, exam preparation, specimens and lab work.
- Completes patient forms as necessary.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Prepare specimens for lab and requesting exams as required.
- Performs in-room surgical scrub duties.
- Provide tray set-ups and designated extra instruments for all surgical procedures.
- Prepare, wrap and sterilize instruments, supplies and equipment as appropriate.
- Effectively work with surgeon and clinical staff during procedures.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and HIPAA regulations.
- Assists in preparation of surgical procedures by anticipating needs of physician and patient.
This is a full-time position and one year of medical office experience is preferred, but will consider other combinations of education and work experience. Candidates must possess good written and verbal communication skills; must do detailed and accurate work; must always present a professional image. This position requires regular attendance and working as part of a team.