Dr. Higgins is a board-certified dermatologist. She received her medical degree form Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC. She completed a residency in internal medicine at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte and a dermatology residency at the prestigious University of Virginia. Dr Higgins is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology and works in both our Charlotte/Cotswold and Gastonia/Cox Rd. offices.
- Pearce DJ, Higgins KB, Stealey KH, Balkrishnan R, Crane MM, Camacho F, Fleischer AB Jr, Feldman SR. Adverse events from systemic therapies for psoriasis are common in clinical practice. J Dermatolog Treat. 2006;17 (5):288-93.
- Pearce DJ, Morrison AE, Higgins KB, Crane MM, Balkrishnan R, Fleischer AB Jr, Feldman SR. The comorbid state of psoriasis patients in a university dermatology practice. J Dermatolog Treat. 2005;16(5-6):319-23.
- Jordan AY, Parks L, Chen SC, Higgins K, Fleischer AB, Feldman SR. Does the teratogenicity of isotretinoin outweigh its benefits? J Dermatolog Treat. 2005;16(4):190-2.
- Sinal SH, Higgins KB, McLean TW, Rouster-Stevens K, Manuel J. Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Use in Pediatric Patients with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. Submitted for review to Journal of Clinical Rheumatology.
- Currently working on manuscripts regarding use of terbinafine to treat lichen planus; cystic fibrosis presenting as an acrodermatitis enteropathica-like eruption; and breast telangiectasias in women