JUVÉDERM Ultra XC & JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC
Natural-Looking Lips That Last
Some people simply have naturally thin lips and just want to achieve a fuller appearance. Other people have noticed their lips thinning over time and may also have seen vertical lip lines become more noticeable. Whatever your unique needs are when it comes to your lips, the JUVÉDERM collection may be able to help.
The JUVÉDERM collection offers two formulations for the lips.
JUVÉDERM Ultra XC adds more fullness and plumps thin lips—whether your lips have thinned over time or you simply want fuller lips.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC is the most recent addition to the collection—tailored to add subtle volume to the lips and smooth the appearance of vertical lip lines.
Placing Your Skincare In The Hands Of A Trusted Professional
Skincare is both a science and an art. When you place your skin in the capable hands of a PPSD professional, you guarantee the highest quality of personal attention coupled with extensive training and experience. This union of humanity and skill translates into truly outstanding results. Our Charlotte NC JUVÉDERM physicians pursue a subtle, conservative approach that preserves spontaneity in the facial muscles, effortlessly accentuating your innate, all-natural beauty.
We welcome patients from all over the Charlotte, NC area, including the nearby cities of Shelby, Gastonia, and Hickory, as well as out-of-state and international patients. Your procedure begins with a confidential consultation in the warmth and comfort of our immaculate office suites, where your doctor will discuss your goals in detail. After reviewing your medical records, prior surgeries, and treatments, and understanding your concerns, he or she will make the best recommendation for moving forward. At this juncture, before and after photos are a wonderful tool for aligning doctor and patient expectations.
We Care For The Health Of Our Patients
Every patient is fully evaluated prior to any treatment, and our Charlotte NC JUVÉDERM physicians and dermatologists always hold your health as our top priority. It is advised that JUVÉDERM treatments be administered by a medical professional, rather than in a spa environment. It is generally considered important to hold off on these treatments until you reach 18 years of age, as the facial structure changes throughout the adolescent years.
JUVÉDERM Ultra XC is for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation in adults over the age of 21. JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC injectable gel is for injection into the lips for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral lines in adults over the age of 21.Important Safety Information. Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM Ultra XC injectable gels in patients under 18 years, and the safety of JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC in patients under 22 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM Ultra XC and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC in areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with this product may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What Can I Expect Post-Injection?
The most commonly reported side effects with JUVÉDERM injectable gels included injection-site redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC, dryness was also reported. For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC, most side effects were moderate and lasted 2 to 4 weeks. For JUVÉDERM Ultra XC injectable gel, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 14 days or less. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 30 days or less.
One of the risks with using these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.