Acne study with Dr. Patrick McElgunn
A clinical study, conducted by PPSD’s board-certified dermatologist, Patrick S. J. McElgunn, MD is currently underway to evaluate an investigational medication for acne vulgaris on the face. Acne vulgaris is a common skin condition that consists of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, and sometimes deeper lumps called nodules or cysts. This study will last approximately 3 months.
You may be a candidate for this study if you:
• Are a healthy male or female 9 years of age and older
• Have moderate to severe facial acne
• Have at least 20 pimples
• Are available for up to 6 visits to our Charlotte/Blakeney office.
• Are willing to apply investigational medication or placebo for 12 weeks
• Are willing to not use any other acne treatment during the study
Additional entry criteria apply. Qualified participants will receive related medical examinations and study medication at no cost, and may be eligible for compensation for their time and travel.
For additional information regarding this study, please call: 704-527-6672.