JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC
Subtle Lift. Beauty Breakthrough.
Wrinkles and lines aren’t the only signs of aging. Over time, the cheeks flatten, and the skin may begin to sag. This is caused by a natural loss of volume in the cheek area, or what the experts call age-related midface volume loss.
What is JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC?
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC injectable gel is designed to add volume beneath the skin’s surface to lift and contour the cheek area.is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21.
PPSD Leaders In Preventative Aging
Beautiful, radiant and resilient skin is our promise to every PPSD patient who walks through the door. To this end, we have assembled one of the most experienced and innovative teams in the country, pooling the resources of dozens of board certified anti-aging specialists who have all come together under one roof to solve your most challenging skincare problems.
Your treatment begins with a private consultation in the comfort of our lovely office suites, where your doctor will give you his or her full, undiluted attention and opinion. Your physician will review your goals, gather medical records and allergy information, and help you browse through our extensive library of gorgeous before and after photographs. No question or concern is too trivial to bring up with your doctor. He or she is devoted to your complete satisfaction and happiness at every stage of your procedure.
For your convenience, we have two offices in the Charlotte, NC area, as well as offices in Shelby, Hickory, and Gastonia. We also welcome patients from across the US as well as those traveling from international destinations.
We Care For The Health Of Our Patients
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC in patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC in areas other than the cheek have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with this product may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
- Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What Can I Expect Post-Injection?
The most commonly reported side effects with JUVÉDERM injectable gels included injection-site redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. Dryness was also reported. Most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 30 days or less.
One of the risks with using these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring. As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.