The Lips You Want
Silkier, smoother, natural-looking lips, Finally, a filler that can help you achieve your ideal lips.
What Is Restylane® Silk?
Restylane® Silk is FDA-approved product specifically designed for lip augmentation and the smoothing of wrinkles around the mouth in patients 21 years of age and older.
Placing Your Skincare In The Hands Of A Trusted Professional
Skincare is both a science and an art. When you place your skin in the capable hands of a PPSD professional, you guarantee the highest quality of personal attention coupled with extensive training and experience. This union of humanity and skill translates into truly outstanding results. Our Charlotte NC Restylane physicians pursue a subtle, conservative approach that preserves spontaneity in the facial muscles, effortlessly accentuating your innate, all-natural beauty.
We welcome patients from all over the Charlotte, NC area, including the nearby cities of Shelby, Gastonia, and Hickory, as well as out-of-state and international patients. Your procedure begins with a confidential consultation in the warmth and comfort of our immaculate office suites, where your doctor will discuss your goals in detail. After reviewing your medical records, prior surgeries, and treatments, and understanding your concerns, he or she will make the best recommendation for moving forward. At this juncture, before and after photos are a wonderful tool for aligning doctor and patient expectations.
We Care For The Health Of Our Patients
Every patient is fully evaluated prior to any treatment, and our Charlotte NC Restylane physicians and dermatologists always hold your health as our top priority. It is advised that Restylane treatments be administered by a medical professional, rather than in a spa environment. It is generally considered important to hold off on these treatments until you reach 18 years of age, as the facial structure changes throughout the adolescent years.
To ensure a safe procedure, your doctor will talk to you about your medical history to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for treatment. You should not use products within the Restylane family if:
- You have severe allergies with a history of severe reactions (anaphylaxis)
- You are allergic to lidocaine or to any of the gram-positive bacterial proteins used to make hyaluronic acid
- You are prone to bleeding or have been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or trying to become pregnant. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy, or in women who are breastfeeding, has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of Restylane® Silk for areas other than the lips and perioral area have not been evaluated in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have any history of scarring, particularly thick and stiff scars, or any pigmentation (skin color) disorders. These side effects can occur with hyaluronic acid fillers in general.
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on any medications to decrease your body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- Tell your doctor if you are using any “blood thinners” such as aspirin, warfarin, or any other medications that affect bleeding. Using these medications may increase your risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site.
- The use of these products on gel injection sites with skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infections should be postponed until healing is complete. Use of product in these areas could delay healing or make your skin problems worse.
What Can I Expect Post-Injection?
The most commonly observed side effects are swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, and itching at the injection site. These are typically mild in severity and typically resolve in less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 days in lips. Serious but rare side effects include delayed onset infections, recurrence of herpetic eruptions, and superficial necrosis at the injection site.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel. The chances of this happening are very small, but if it does happen, the complications can be serious, and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.